Based on the Letter Agreement with FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization of the Community) for the project “Supporting the sustainable development of agritourism in Albania”, RASP has organized a workshop on “identify needs and challenges for taking actions to support agritourism development” The workshop was held in Malësi e Madhe on February 23, 2022.
The aim of the workshop was:
- Presentation of the project objectives and related activities;
- Identify challenges for taking actions to support agritourism;
- Identify needs for institutional support and capacity building.
The participation was diverse, guests were: Representatives from the Municipality of M.Madhe, tourist guides, representatives from guesthouse and agritourism, specialists in agricultural extension Shkodra, farmers, representatives from Agro Reçi (farmers/producers association), Vis Albania (Italian NGO operating in the area) and dairy processors.
The workshop was conducted in two different sessions:
- In the first session were presented:
- Project objectives and its connection to agritourism;
- Agritourism; the models to follow;
- Agritourism in North Albania, progress and challenges.
In the second session, the work was done in groups according to the world café method. Participants were divided into four groups in which there were different actors. RASP staff went to each group and gathered information according to the topics listed below.
The group work aimed to analyze and identify the following topics:
- Collaboration/ Networking;
- Rural tourism;
- Policy making.
After gathering the necessary information from the participants. RASP staff presented the findings and information to the audience.
The group work was successful, the necessary information was gathered which serves for the experts to continue the work further.