RASP is a non-profit organization founded in 1997 focused in the field of rural development.
RASP operates with permanent staff in Tirana office, local facilitators and experts contracted/engaged in specific periods according to the Projects and Programs it implements.
RASP activities are supported by several funding sources: the European Union (EU), Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO); International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), FFEM (Le Fonds Français pour l’Environnement Mondial), French Development Agency (ADF), German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ), Ministry of Agriculture and Development Rural, , USAID, etc..
During these years, RASP has built collaborations and partnerships with several organizations. RASP is one of the founding organizations of the Albanian Network for Rural Development-ANRD. Important partnerships have been built with organizations such as NETRDA, Agricultural University of Tirana, ISETNJ, DSA, RDA, AgroPuka, Agrinet, VIS Albania, CESVI Përmet, etc.
The mission of RASP is to contribute to sustainable rural development through the promotion and encouragement of initiatives and economic activities of farmers and rural associations, in the best use of natural, cultural and human resources to achieve sustainable development, to improve livelihoods and reduced poverty.
RASP accomplishes its mission in several ways:
- Capacity building for farmers, groups and associations of farmers and professionals working in different sectors of rural development;
- Professional trainings for the specialists of the Agricultural Extension Service offices and Agricultural Technology Transfer Centers, etc.
- Conducting evaluations, field observations, studies and analyzes on topics and issues related to rural development; identification of needs and preparation of project proposals, project management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Support in the development of value chain links for various local agricultural and livestock products.
- Support in the preservation of natural resources, biodiversity of animals and plants, landscapes, etc.;
- Professional trainings and assistance for potential beneficiaries of the IPARD scheme and national support schemes to apply for available Government and EU funds.
- Support for the development of sustainable agrotourism in Albania through the identification of potential agrotourism areas in Albania based on local plant varieties/animal products as well as the promotion of good practices for a sustainable development of agrotourism; preservation and valorisation of biodiversity for sustainable rural development, etc.