According to the Letter of Agreement with FAO FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization of the Community) for the project “Supporting the sustainable development of agritourism in Albania”, RASP organization held the third workshop on “Identify needs and challenges for taking actions to support agritourism development” The workshop took place in Korça on 05 April 2022.
The aims of the workshop were:
- Presentation of the project objectives and related activities;
- Identify challenges for taking actions to support agritourism;
- Identify needs for institutional support and capacity building.
Invited participants were: representatives from the Advisory Service, representatives from QTTB (Agricultural Technology Transfer Center) Korça, representatives from the University of Korça, agro-processing farmers, representatives from the Agrotourism Association, representatives from guest house and agritourism.
The workshop was conducted in two different sessions: In the first session were presented:
- Project objectives and its connection to agritourism;
- Agritourism; the models to follow;
- Agritourism in North Albania, progress and challenges.
In the second session, the work was done in groups according to the world cafe model. Participants were organized into three groups, in three separate roundtables where each group contained different actors. RASP staff gathered the necessary information from each of the groups referring to the following topics:
- Collaboration/ Networking;
- Rural tourism;
- Policy making.
After addressing the topics in each group, RASP staff managed to gather the intended information, and at the end of the second session a brief summary was made.
The achieved results of this workshop will serve to continue the work further.